This coleslaw is mostly raw, packed full of delicious cancer-fighting nutrients, fiber and protein-packed edamame. It has an orange juice, ginger and vinaigrette dressing that leaves it low-fat and low calorie. It’s also gluten free and mostly raw. This recipe is amazing. I sort of threw everything together one afternoon for a refreshing low-fat coleslaw, and I discovered it to be even better tasting after marinating in the fridge overnight. Enjoy!
Sesame Ginger Cabbage Slaw
Prep Time: 20 min
Cook Time: 4 hours (refrigerate)
Keywords: raw appetizer salad side snack gluten-free low fat low-carb low-fat raw-fusion vegan vegetarian cabbage summer spring
Ingredients (Serves 6)
For the slaw:
- 1/2 large green cabbage, chopped and shredded
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1 yellow bell pepper, julienne sliced
- 2/3 cup shelled organic edamame (thawed if frozen)
- shredded carrots
- grated cucumbers or jicama
For the sauce:
- 3 tbs. tamari (gluten free soy sauce)
- 1 tbs. balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 c. freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1/2 tbs. raw agave nectar syrup (or you can use organic brown cane sugar)
- 1 1/2 tbs. freshly grated ginger
- 1/2 tsp. sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tbs. sesame seeds
- 1/2 tbs. Sriracha hot sauce (optional)
Add sauce ingredients in small bowl and stir to combine.
Chop and prepare all veggies and toss in a large bowl.
Add sauce to slaw and stir to coat.
Place all ingredient in gallon plastic baggie and press until all the air is out. Zip to close.
Allow slaw to marinate in refrigerator for 4-6 hours or overnight.
Enjoy chilled as salad or appetizer.