Last night I decided to make a yummy dinner to enjoy with my mama. And per her request, I whipped up some fresh veggie spring rolls. She specifically went out to get some ingredients I requested such as rice noodles, rice wrappers, edamame, cilantro and daikon (Japanese radish), so of course I had to indulge her. :) I make these little suckers all the time, but each time they turn out different and that is the beauty of it.
Fresh Spring rolls
Rice wrappers (if you can’t find these in your local grocery store, an asian specialty market will have them for sure)
red and yellow peppers
1. Chop up all veggies (except spinach and edamame) into a thin julienne slice and set aside.
2. Soak a rice wrapper in warm water for approx. 30 sec until soft and pliable (a shallow pie dish works well for this).
3. Lay wrapper on a dinner plate and add stuffing. Start with spinach, layer sliced veggies, and top with edamame and a sprig of cilantro.
4. Fold sides into the center and wrap up like a burrito.
5. Allow spring rolls to set for about 5 minutes then slice horizontally using a serrated blade.
Equal parts hoisin and peanut butter